Fun Tips for Moving
- Avoid being sedentary
- Try moving small amounts throughout the day, EVEN if you are doing some exercise on that day – THEY BOTH MATTER!
- Get out of your chair and move around a bit, maybe every 30 minutes, have a bit of a stretch, move your legs, dance etc
- Stand at your desk = https://au.varidesk.com/en-au/home
- Consider a “cardiodesk” for study at home = https://www.cardiodesk.com.au/
Note: There are lots of options, these are just some good examples. I have no connection with either of these websites/business
- If you are time poor or busy, remember it can be short and intense exercise that does the trick. “Tabata” is a type of exercise that is 4 mins long composed of 20 seconds on 10 seconds off and it simulates 30 minutes of steady state exercise like a treadmill. But what is really interesting here – exercising for only 30 seconds with high intensity (like squats, burpees, push ups) or 15 minutes with low intensity (walking) before eating a meal will massively improve your glucose response to the food in the meal. So a little bit goes a long way!
- If you have days off – don’t stress (you don’t need more guilt and shame on this journey)! But just make sure overall you are moving more.