Also available on LibSyn and all podcast apps.
Shivaun is a Health Coach, Certified Trainer & Assessor, Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), Accredited Nutritionist (AN), Director of Discovery Health Coaching, Director of Accredited Health Coaching Australia, and previous Vice President of the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine. She delivers online health coaching training courses to health professionals via Accredited Health Coaching Australia with Sharon Curtain.
Their next course is coming up: 26th August – 16th September, use the code VIP1 to get a 10% discount.
Creating Change in 15-minute Consultations – Online Course
This practical, evidence-based training will help health practitioners effectively manage clients who are struggling to adopt healthier behaviours. This course is ideal for general practitioners, practice nurses, and allied health practitioners working in the primary care setting.
This course covers:
– The coaching mindset and principles
– Effective questioning and communication techniques to facilitate change – Strategies to increase and maintain motivation
– Supporting clients to overcome barriers and challenges
– Exploring resistance and reluctance to change
– How to shift responsibility for action from the health professional to the client
I have no conflicts of interest to declare here, but obviously Shivaun is running the course so has a COI.
If you find this podcast valuable, rating it 5 stars and leaving a review on iTunes, Spotify or Facebook is a huge help.
You can also find me on Twitter or Instagram @drsammanger, and YouTube.
If you would like to provide feedback or request a topic, please Contact Us.
Thank you for listening and supporting.